If not you then who?
Who is the best known, most memorable wholesaler in your territory?
More importantly, how do they get to that lofty position?
What do they know to become (and remain) known?
How do they avoid the Sea of Sameness and consistently increase their MQ-Memorability Quotient®?
- They know how to listen, not just hear.
- They know their appointment plan – they never show up and throw up.
- They know how to manage their time and they’re always on time. And, in the rare event of an unforeseen delay, they call the minute the appointment is supposed to start to apologize, reconfirm and reset their arrival time.
- They know most advisors hate to wait, so they operate with an extraordinarily high sense of urgency.
- They know their product, inside and out.
- They know their closest competitor’s products, perhaps better than they do.
- They know their industry, markets, and economy. They are both a student of the business and a valuable resource.
- They know the broker dealers/agencies/RIAs that they serve – intimately.
- They know how to be creative, because they understand that differences sell. Alternately, they know people that can help them create.
- They know how to command the platform; they own the stage (big or small). They are a requested speaker.
- They know how to say no, the right way.
- They know hard work isn’t magic, it’s just hard.
- They know that deepening relationships via their ongoing advisor recon work is critical.
- They know how to take the high road, even when it’s the most uncomfortable road to travel.
- They know that their advisors and COIs do not care about their issues. They are the bright spot in a client’s potentially bad day.
- They know their business etiquette.
- They know how to be a little bit better in a whole lot of things, because it’s often a game of inches.
- They know that they are only as good as their team, and they have regular, pre-planned, productive meetings with them.
- They know, and respectfully appreciate, everyone up and down the org chart. Both in their firm and in their advisor’s firm.
- They know how to do at least one thing in a great way that no else does as well as they do.
- They know that their product does not provide every solution every time. They tenaciously guard their integrity.
- They know how to seek out opportunities to grow and improve.
- They know that the expression of sincere gratitude for the business partnerships that they have never gets old.
- They know the impact of an impeccable personal appearance, from head to toe.
- They know that they get referrals because the manner in which they conduct business is infinitely referable.
- They know how to operate with a service mentality.
- They know they cannot choose not to work with everyone, and those they work with are delighted that they do.
- They know that innovative and artful entertaining separates you from the competition.
- They know how to tailor their presentations, ideas and concepts based on the age, geography, and business success of the advisor.
- They know how to relate to the advisor’s client and are asked to meet with them/present to them regularly.
- They know the lessons that they have learned from having their teeth kicked in.
Whether it’s through our live events or private coaching, we are myopically focused on helping you (and your team) improve your MQ-Memorability Quotient®.
How can we assist you?
Jacalyn Murray says
Excellent stuff Rob. Congrats on your amazing success. This piece came to me through my Sales Manager. I hope you remember me from the old days! Love to catch up with you sometime.
Thanks for the kind words Jacalyn. Hope you’ve been well!