Your weekly office day has now become your office month.
You have called all the clients/prospects/COIs you can call today.
Your email is at or near Inbox Zero (never thought that would happen, did you?).
You have set up and/or conducted as many virtual meetings that you can conduct today.
Here’s a list of things great wholesalers can do during this extended work-from-home period:
1) Get Dirty in the Data: That’s what we call going deep to best understand who are your:
- Top 100 Clients
- Top 50 Prospects
- Most Important COIs
- Huge Producer Prospects (Elephants You Covet)
Need a spreadsheet to help you? Click here to download.
2) Clean Up Your CRM: Yes, we know that this can be akin to dumpster diving, as your CRM data is likely a convoluted mess.
Now is a perfect time to get your region’s data cleaned up, tagged correctly and to add system notes that you have been neglecting.
3) Work on Your PVP-Peerless Value Proposition®: No, today (in the middle of a pandemic) may not be the right day to engage an advisor in the nuances of your wholesaling practice’s brand.
But that day will return – so how about using this time to craft a solid one?
The reasons great wholesalers have PVP-Peerless Value Propositions can be found here.
An intro video about creating your PVP-Peerless Value Proposition can be found here.
4) Clean Your Office: Another truly distasteful task, we know.
And, like so many rotten things to do, you know you’ll feel better when it’s done.
After all, do you really need that meeting binder from the 2012 National Sales Meeting?
5) Purge Your Computer Files: Yes, only recently did I throw away a slide deck (SLIDES, not PowerPoint) of an OppenheimerFunds Equity Income presentation.
Did I mention that OppenheimerFunds doesn’t even exist anymore.
Take time to go through your hard drive and clean, clean, clean.
6) Learn a New Technology: This includes –
- any new software your firm has developed/launched,
- apps you’ve been promising to get your head around,
- getting good at virtual meetings, both for today’s situation and for your future productivity (we have a post for that, naturally: The What, Why and How of Virtual Meetings).
7) Improve Your LinkedIn Game: We speak to wholesalers all the time who express a need to dive more deeply into LinkedIn.
Now’s a great time to improve your profile (while nowhere near perfect, mine is pretty robust to use as a guideline – check it out here and connect if you’d like)
Here’s everything we have on LinkedIn
- Fess Up Wholesalers, Better LinkedIn Useage Belongs In Your Practice’s Toolbox
- Your LinkedIn Profile Might Suck If…
- One Hidden Tweak To LinkedIn May Change Your World
- How One Firm Successfully Engaged a Former LinkedIn Insider to Increase Sales
- Converting Simple Connections to Meaningful Relationships on LinkedIn
- More Effective LinkedIn Use for Wholesalers and Advisors
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator: Why it’s a Must Have Tool for Wholesalers
Also, join our LinkedIn Group – Wholesaler Masterminds where we are posting helpful content during this time.
8) Listen to a Podcast: You have been promising yourself that you’ll explore more of the educational and entertainment opportunities available to you through podcasts – and now’s a great time to start.
We listen to a LOT: These Are The Podcasts We Are Listening To
And, we’d be remiss if we didn’t invite you ours: The NEW Wholesaler Masterminds Radio Show.
9) Start a Journal: With any kind of luck, none of us will experience anything like this ever again.
While we are here, why not capture your thoughts and experiences in a journal.
These will be valuable insights to harvest for stories you can tell at a later date with clients, prospects, family and friends.
10) Form a Support/Accountability Group With Other Wholesalers: Staying productive and on top of your game is hard in the best of times.
It’s even harder when left to the solitude of your own office.
Take the lead and start a group among your peers.
Meet daily, in the morning, to make commitments and check-in.
Keep it simple and use Facetime – here’s how: Use Group FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
11) Form a Support/Accountability Group With Your Best Advisor Clients: Lather, rinse and repeat #10 for your best advisor clients.
12) Reach Out to a Speaker/Author/Trainer: These expert professionals have been brought to a screeching halt as the meeting industry has ground to a stop.
If you’ve ever wanted to reach out and connect, now’s a great opportunity. Send them an email.
13) Connect with a Home Office Person: Build deeper relationships with someone from your home office.
It’s a good idea in the best of times.
It’s a good idea today.
14) Network, Network, Network: As this is written, no one knows exactly where this is going and what our firms will do in response.
What we do know is that your network of colleagues, trusted advisers, and industry peers will always be an invaluable asset.
Here’s what we have on networking:
- The Rules of Wholesaler Networking
- Essential Networking for Wholesalers
- Wholesalers, Do You Know the Rules of Highly Effective Networking?
- 4 Pillars of Profitable Wholesaler Networking
Now’s the time to productively connect, share, commiserate, listen, empathize and have a virtual, cold, adult beverage.
Have anything to add? Drop a line to rob[at]wholesalermasterminds.com and let us know.