We’ve all been there.
One visit leads to five and still not one ticket.
What’s a well intentioned wholesaler to do?
Here are 21 ways to shorten the sales cycle:
1. Know the advisor before you visit. Do homework using the advisors website, LinkedIn, 411.com, tweepz.com, kgbpeople.com, pipl.com, or zoominfo.com. You can even find out a golfers handicap and recent round information at the United States Golf Association’s Golf Handicap and Information Network.
2. Get referrals from advisors to those prospects that you covet. A referred advisor is 38.6% more like to do business…approximately.
3. Be a powerful observer of what’s in the advisor’s office. Art work, magazines, awards, photos, etc. all provide clues to knowing the advisor on a different level.
4. Create settings where those advisors that love you are intentionally matched with those advisors that are just “feeling you out”.
5. Always lead with the value you provide versus the product that you sell.
6. Represent yourself as a business consultant.
7. Know your product well.
8. Know your competitors product better than they do.
9. Don’t bullshit your way through an advisor appointment. Be organized.
10. Have a formal agenda for the advisor appointment.
11. Always have a call to action ready to articulate.
14. Always set the follow up appointment before you leave.
15. Make certain your notes about the meeting are complete and documented for use before the next appointment.
16. Have a systematic follow up process that clearly delineates what the next steps will be that you and your internal next take to stay in front of the advisor. Not sure how to create that process? Stay tuned here for more in the next month.
17. Book a social event to get the advisor in a setting other than the office.
19. Don’t neglect COI admin assistants – they often hold the key to the kingdom.
20. Understand that we all learn differently. Have your product pitch ‘consumable’ in multiple formats i.e. with product brochure, on a yellow pad, on a computer screen depending on the reps preference for how they sell to clients.
21. Teach the advisor how to sell your product. Not just features and benefits – the whole sales story as your most successful producers tell it to their clients.
Wholesaler Masterminds Coaching clients explore the full range of topics to move themselves from good to great. Learn more here.