The great news is that you have decided to add another vital part of the wholesaler success equation to your practice.
You’ve hired a professional scheduler to assist you with your appointment setting.
The bad news is that you don’t get to “set it and forget it”.
The great wholesaler knows that they need to manage the care and feeding of their scheduling partner just as they would any other dimension of their practice.
To assist you, we’ve assembled the following 21 Success Tips: How To Profit From Your Relationship With Your Scheduler.
They were compiled by the fine folks that provide wholesaler scheduling services at Wholesaler Masterminds Schedulers.
- Clear communication is vital, no matter what. Let your scheduler know what is going on with you, your region, your clients, etc.. The more they know, the better they can assist you.
- Invite your scheduler to your weekly meeting that you have with your internal.
- Reach out to your scheduler by phone or email and keep them updated about any changes in the calendar.
- If you need to decline an appointment that your scheduler has set, let them know why. Was there a mistake on your part or our part? Was there not enough drive time in between appointments? Do you just not want to see that advisor?
- How much time do you prefer to have in between your appointments?
- What time(s) do you want your appointments scheduled for?
- Do you have only certain people you want to meet with for lunch appointments?
- Are you expecting your scheduler to call for you everyday?
- Give kudos (when earned) to your scheduler! Everyone likes to hear they are doing a great job, especially when they have worked so hard.
- Share with your scheduler that you just had an awesome meeting with someone they scheduled for you. They love knowing that the meetings they are scheduling are beneficial to you.
Maintain The Calendar
- Make sure that the appointments you make are in the calendar for your scheduler. Even if it’s simply a doctor’s appointment.
- Share with your scheduler how far in advance you want them to schedule. Are you always working a calendar two weeks ahead, one week ahead?
- Let your scheduler know how many appointments you would like to have in one day. Do you want to see five advisors or only three?
- The appointments your scheduler makes can only happen with accurate information provided by you.
- Make sure your list of advisors has an address, a phone number, and an email address for everyone you want your scheduler to reach out to.
- If the information you provide to your scheduler is out of date, know that it may take longer to get an appointment when your scheduler has to try multiple phone numbers for one person.
- When your scheduler discovers that they have an invalid phone number or email, advise them of who you would like them to notify. Do you want them to let you know, your internal, or someone else?
Warm vs Cold
- Keep in mind that when you provide your scheduler a warm list, appointments will come in faster than if it is a cold list.
- If your scheduler is reaching out to people who are not familiar with you or your product, provide them with some talking points (not product specific) that they can use on the phone and information they can send in their follow up emails.
Tell the World
- Let your clients know you have a scheduler, and what their name is, so that they aren’t taken off guard when your scheduler calls them.
- Add your scheduler’s info to your signature information at the bottom of your emails.
Just like your relationship with your clients, prospects, internal, or boss, your relationship with your scheduler requires a certain set of skills which, when executed properly, will result in a better process for scheduling your appointments and a calendar that is more dependably full.
And what wholesaler wouldn’t like that?
We’ve got more information about Wholesaler Masterminds Schedulers for you here if you are interested.