Pulling off a successful client event is no easy task.
And we’ve been getting a lot of inquiries lately about suggestions for great client events.
In this post we define ‘client’ as the public customer and/or the advisor.
As an example, we have wholesaler coaching clients using some of these ideas to enhance the normally mundane and poorly attended wirehouse lunch meeting.
These ideas have varying degrees of relevance depending on your channel, geography, demographics, time of year, etc.
That said, the plain truth is that your ability to successfully implement a terrific event can have long tail benefits that go on for years.
1. Wine Tasting: Have you listened to the Wholesaler Masterminds Radio show Conducting Wildly Successful Wholesaler Sponsored Wine Events with Michael Bryan from the Atlanta Wine School?
2. Cooking Classes: Either onsite with a private chef or offsite at a location such as Sur La Table.
3. Pumpkin Patch: Bring the farm to the advisors office…
4. Pumpkin Carving: …and teach folks how to make their own Jack-O-Lanterns.
5. Gift Wrapping Classes: Contact a local department store’s manager and ask if they can send a gift wrapper.
6. Botany Lessons: There isn’t a plant in my house that has ever lasted more than a week. A professional botanist can address that as well as outdoor gardens. Call a Home Depot, Armstrong’s or your local gardening center. Also, your local college may have experts to call upon.
7. Quilting Lessons: Not my thing, and maybe not yours, but quilting is huge.
8. Paper Shredding: This one event ranks as a tremendous way for advisors to get clients to come out – even those that often don’t show for anything else. Hire a professional shredding service that brings one of their trucks to your advisor’s locations and let the confetti fly.
9. Identity Theft Clinic: Check with your local police department or FBI office and have an expert come out and give 45 minute session on how to avoid identity theft.
10. Golf Lessons: Rather than doing it at a range, arrange for a pro to come to the office and do a clinic. Sand traps, short game, putting – rent a virtual simulator to jazz up the event further.
11. Poker Lessons: There are a ton of amateur poker enthusiasts everywhere. What about having a local poker pro come out and give lessons/tips?
12. Fashion Update: Skinny ties and no pleated slacks? Or is it rounded shoes versus pointy ones? Have a local personal shopper come out, from Nordstrom as an example, and educate the audience on what’s in and what’s out.
13. Jewelry or Watch Show: Contract with a local high end watch shop or jeweler and have a swanky event for clients. Serve a bit of bubbly and higher end canapes.
14. Car Show: You call your local Mercedes or BMW dealer and tell them that you’d like a fleet manager to come out with a couple of the latest and greatest models – they are not going to say no.
15. Great Food Truck Event: Have you seen the show on Food Network called Great Food Truck Race? In many cities food trucks are all the rage and the food is great! Why not sponsor a food truck event?
16. iPad/iPhone Tips and Tricks: There’s a reason Apple had blow out earnings numbers – there products are amazing. Why not contact a local Apple Store and see if a Genius is available to come out and do a tips and tricks clinic.
17. Social Media Clinic: My Dad was 83 and on Facebook. Your clients are trying to decipher how to use social media for either their personal or business use. Find a local “expert” (because there are about a million self proclaimed social media experts) that can address your questions.
18. E-Waste Collection: The local YMCA had one of these lately and it was busy. Clients are invited to bring all their old TVs, computers, monitors, etc. and know that they will be properly disposed of by a professional recycling company.
19. Final Days Symposium: Kind of morbid I know, but we are all going to die. This session would bring in mortuary spokesmen, estate attorneys, and long term care specialists.
20. Life Coach/Life Balance: Most folks are running as fast as they can to have the career they want, the family they want and the down time they have earned. Naturally some level of stress ensues. Hire a life coach to address living in balance.
21. Career Transition Clinic: More and more folks are redefining their idea of retirement- and sitting on white sand beaches for 24/7/365 is not apart of it. Many wish to continue to work but want to shift the ‘how’. Corporate expatiates move to entrepreneurship, full time women move to part time to accommodate a family, seniors working part-time. And they all need advise along the way.
22. Social Security Administration Update: For as long as we have been affiliated with wholesaling this has been a topic that draws a crowd. The good news is that the SSA has this form to fill out to request a speaker. The bad news is that it’s a form on government website – who knows where it goes…..
23. Medicare Update: See #22 as it’s the same concept, the same draw for clients and the same form – you simply change the drop down re subject you are looking for a speaker to cover.
Contact Wholesaler Masterminds Coaching for a relationship that provides an endless stream of creative ideas, solid business planning strategies and tactics, and accountability to make it all come together.