Highs and lows.
Our careers are full of them.
Sometimes, whether we believe it’s deserved or not, we hear a message from the boss that shakes us to our core.
“Rob, unless you figure out a way to get sales up, we are going to need to make a change.”
Maybe you’ve never heard this message – but what if you did?
How would your behavior change if your livelihood was threatened?
- make more phone calls to prospects, COIs, and producers?
- increase the frequency and effectiveness of your emails?
- see six scheduled advisors per day versus the four you see now?
- make damn sure you asking for the business?
- properly leverage up your team (internal, scheduler, admin)?
Sales, our wholesaling version of sales, is highly specialized and offers precious few positions relative to the overall job market.
Which means we need, through our performance, to insulate ourselves from ever having our job stability called into question.
Lest you wish to hear those fateful words.