Strange beasts we are.
Both as humans and as wholesalers.
When the odds are stacked against us, when our world gets uncomfortably stirred, we often dig deep and work our butts off to avoid unenviable consequences.
Odds such as:
- not meeting the sales goal;
- our appointment count is too low;
- not achieving the firm’s targeted product mix;
- working a high pressure new territory;
- being new to the firm and getting the job ahead of other internal, qualified candidates;
- newly promoted to a widely coveted role.
In these cases, the consequences of under-performing include:
- having uncomfortable conversations with the boss;
- not meeting our financial obligations;
- letting down those that love us and count on us for support;
- creating demons in our own minds;
- being placed on probation;
- losing a job.
Conversely, perhaps you have experienced (or are experiencing) the opposite, and no less treacherous, end of the spectrum.
- selling a product that is killing it;
- basis points that are insanely attractive;
- advisors who are taking most of our requested meetings;
- accolades and praise showering down from the highest heights of your firm, regularly;
- paydays that make you quietly blush;
- unrestrained personal spending;
- a foot that slips off of the sales accelerator.
In case you missed the last bullet: a foot that slips off of the sales accelerator
You see, somewhere in between the anxiety ridden, tentative, day to day existence of the wholesaler who is in survival mode, and the seemingly do no wrong, apparently hitting on all cylinders, tempted to become lackadaisical life of the fat and happy wholesaler, there is an almost mythical place.
One where you do everything you need to do to succeed every day.
Where our vision isn’t blinded by the shiny light of great success.
Nor are we urgently motivated by a hot poker about to nudge us in the ribs.
It’s that allusive place somewhere in between
where we achieve consistent, optimal performance.
Every day we work with wholesalers to achieve consistent optimal performance.
How can Wholesaler Masterminds® assist you and/or your team?
Please reach out and let us know.