You’ve been invited to speak at a sales meeting.
According to the sales manager there should be 30 advisors in attendance.
In exchange for your “support” (read: $200) you will have a solid fifteen minutes to pitch whatever you want.
Oh, and the manager tells you that you will be one of six (6) wholesalers on the agenda.
Welcome to the Wholesaler Beauty Pageant.
No pressure, but how do you intend to stand out in this Sea of Wholesaling Sameness?
The good news for you is that it’s guaranteed that one or more of the other five wholesalers will:
- Open with a line similar to ‘thanks for having me to the meeting’ or worse ‘I’m the only thing between you and __________ (drinks, golf, dinner, going home)’
- Not have prepared or practiced what they are about to spew forth
- Offer a long, tired, old sales idea
- Pitch a random product that has the highest Morningstar ranking, while stressing performance against the index, benchmark, competitors, etc.
- Look like they shopped for their business wardrobe at Target and had not had their shoes shined in, well, ever
So what will you do?
- Deliver insightful comments about the state of the economy, your firm’s outlook, and how advisors should be positioned with their clients
- Offer a solid business building/practice management idea that you have gleaned from your extensive travels and discussions with brokers ‘just like them’
- Help them expand their business/knowledge through your PVP -Peerless Value Proposition
- Formulate a presentation that has:
- greater intensity
- compelling stories
- captivating visuals; that will actually stick with the advisor two minutes after you’re off the stage
- Make bold statement
- Challenge a traditional assumption
- Create some controversy
We both know that the ‘cavalcade of wholesalers’ meeting is one of the hardest to break through.
As a great wholesaler, you’ll shine through if you have a plan, preparation, practice and performance.
Wholesaler Masterminds coaching clients know how to make more compelling presentations – learn more today.