Wholesalers are the quintessential Type A group.
Which, as reminder, means:
- Type A has got a severe sense of time urgency.
- They are always running and can hardly relax.
- If they sat without doing something useful they may end up feeling guilty
- Type A’s are over achievers, they usually get themselves involved in many different unrelated activities and perform well in them all.
- Type A’s biggest problem is stress, they are usually overwhelmed by the amount of tasks they have to do.
- These tasks are usually a huge list that they planned for themselves.
- Type A is usually competitive and has a high challenging spirit.
And one of the dangers of our type is the “shiny object syndrome”.
For wholesalers that means we hear the next great sales idea, find the next great app, or discover the next great process improvement and we promptly forget/abandon any prior idea, app or process that came before it.
Next time you go in search of something “shiny and new”, be sure to check the “used it before and it worked really well” file.
Brotherhood of the Bag, A Wholesaler’s Handbook has 114 different stories to help you improve your practice.