What if you had the ability to become the Coca-Cola of your region?
A force so large that other brands (wholesalers) get cold sweats just thinking about squaring off against you.
A brand (you) so prevalent that virtually most advisors were drawn to your offering.
Just how powerful is the Coca-Cola brand?
Consider this (source Business Insider):
- Of the 55 billion servings of all kinds of beverages drunk each day (other than water), 1.7 billion are Coca-Cola trademarked/licensed drinks – and that’s’ 3.1%
- Coca-Cola has reported that it’s name is the second-most understood term in the world, behind “okay.”
- There are 33 non-alcoholic brands that generate over $1 billion in revenue. Coca-Cola owns a whopping 15 of them
In order to get to that level of stature of course you need great product.
And you also need a great PVP – Peerless Value Proposition®.
Something that no one else in market can do – and if they do it, they don’t do it as well as you.
In their 2011 Annual Review Coke states, “Our business was built for times like these. We provide consumers with an affordable luxury: we sell moments of happiness.”
And no one is marketing those moments of happiness better than Coke.
In fact they spent nearly $7 billion on marketing in 2015.
How can you, with a well formulated PVP – Peerless Value Proposition®, market like Coca-Cola – minus the $6,999,950,000?
To attack your marketing like Coke first consider all the different mediums available to spread your message – which if you’re Coke includes:
- Sports Team Sponsorship
- Product Placement
- Social Media
Translated to your practice, you have the opportunity every day to market your PVP – Peerless Value Proposition® through:
- Sales Meetings: Every time you stand in front of a group of advisors you are given the chance to reinforce your PVP.
Put a powerful PVP descriptor into your introduction.
- Centers of Influence: Use your PVP to develop a deeper level of interest in you/your firm with your COIs.
We know that they care about product – they just don’t care that much.
What they do care about more is how, through your PVP, you will help their team sell more stuff and make more money.
More info about COIs can be found here.
- One on One: Every visit, with every advisor, gives you a chance to speak about an element of your Peerless Value Proposition and how it can accrete to their goals and objectives.
- Email Marketing: A well constructed PVP, and accompanying marketing plan, gives you content that translates into emails that get opened and read.
More info on email marketing can be found here.
- Outgoing Voicemail: Trying to get an appointment with a new advisor?
Leaving the same old ineffective “I’ll be in your neighborhood and want to stop by” message?
Try infusing your message with your PVP and use that as the cornerstone for why the advisor should take time to meet with you.
- Incoming Voicemail: Use your recorded voicemail message on your cell phone to promote your brand.
More details about effective voicemail useage are found here.
- Internal Wholesaler Coordinated “Ads”: Make absolutely certain that your internal shares your vision for your Peerless Value Proposition and is able to articulate its benefits for the advisors that they touch everyday.
But it all begins with your PVP – Peerless Value Proposition®.
You need to have one that is solid, will open doors and can be the platform for the marketing efforts you wish to undertake.
Get more information about creating and marketing your PVP here.