Are you gunning for a promotion?
Perhaps you are an internal who desperately wants to get to the outside.
Maybe you’re an external who wants to get into management.
How about a divisional that has their sights set on senior management.
You’ve put your name in the hat for the job you want and have been rejected repeatedly.
You, my friend, have become like the house in my neighborhood that has been on the market for the last 782 days.
You have become stale.
And, like a stale home that needs to be sold, what’s the best thing to do?
Take it off the market!
Then, perform an inventory of all of the issues that are preventing it from being sold such as:
- inspect the overall appearance
- tune up the curb appeal
- add some interior staging
- recheck the comps for proper pricing
- reevaluate the marketing approach
Only then can you re-list the home and reinvigorate the pool of prospective buyers.
If you have found yourself being rejected for the next position that you covet repeatedly you need to take yourself off the market and perform an inventory of all of the things that are standing in the way of your dream job.
This might include:
- Your professional appearance and/or demeanor (or lack thereof)
- Your presentation skills
- How you navigate the political waters of your firm
- How you build relationships with advisors
- How you build relationships with COIs
- How you build relationships with home office staff
- Your ability to manage a budget
- Your ability to manage up
- Your overall communication ability (email, voice mail, in person)
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
~ Albert Einstein
If you need help “getting sold” and stopping the insanity contact us for information about any of our coaching programs.