How much did you pay to attend your last broker/dealer or industry trade conference?
If your firm is like many, the costs add up fast.
Here is a sample of pricing from the 2017 Morningstar Investment Conference.
This does not include any sponsorships, that start at $20,000, or add-ons such as Bag Inserts that cost $5,000:
Basic Single Exhibitor Booth (10’ x 10’, two exhibitors included)—$12,000
Air for two attendees – $900
Hotel for two attendees – $1200
Other T&E for two attendees – $2000 (includes small client/prospect dinner)
Trinkets to hand out at booth – $1000
Total Estimate: $17,600
Based on our experience, this estimate is conservative and can be applied to almost any of today’s conferences – from ICI to LPL, from Merrill Lynch to Raymond James.
The frustrating part for too many firms is that they frequently report both poor engagement on the part of the conference attendees and a lack of coordinated, meaningful follow-up to maximize their return on investment.
Said another way, while showing up at these conferences is generally non negotiable (if you want to stay relevant to the advisor attendees), how you show up can significantly change the outcome of your invested time and money.
That’s why we’ve created our Wholesaler Masterminds Speakers Bureau Conference Success Plans.
Pivoting off of our 60 years of combined distribution experience, and our amazing relationships with our subject matter expert speakers, trainers and thought leaders, Wholesaler Masterminds Speakers Bureau has created a menu of options that can:
- Pique the interest of conference attendees in advance of the meeting
- Drive attendance to your speaking sessions
- Create traffic at your display booth
- Provide content for meaningful follow-up post conference
- Position your firm to stay out of the same booth, same content, same outcome Sea of Sameness
How Does it Work?
We offer you a no cost consultation that helps us understand:
- the conference you’ll be attending
- the speaking opportunities you have to present to attendees
- the message that you wish to convey to attendees eg practice management, industry education, etc.
- the types and styles of your historic pre-event and post event activities
From that information, we will present you with a proposal that aligns your needs with our experts.