In a time of great industry change, B.O.L.D. wholesalers and their leaders will excel.
Kathleen Wood serves as the CEO and Founder of Kathleen Wood Partners, a collection of leading edge businesses dedicated to making a positive impact on people, performance and profits.
Kathleen Wood Partners is an innovative growth strategy firm, focused on growing businesses, developing leaders and transforming organizations. As a successful executive and expert in organizational transformation, Kathleen has spent over 20 years developing highly effective methods designed to achieve growth, operational improvement/alignment and measurable success.
She is the architect of the B.O.L.D. Leadership program, a game-changing, culture shifting platform that enhances people, performance and profits.
Book Kathleen for your next event through Wholesaler Masterminds Speakers Bureau.
B.O.L.D. Leadership and the DOL Ruling in Chaotic Marketplace
Over the past 20 years, uncontrollable disasters have profoundly changed our world, including 9/11, Hurricane Katrina and Sandy Hook. Simultaneously, what would appear as “uncontrollable” technological advances such as Amazon, Uber, Pinterest, Google and have impacted us just as profoundly.
Now, the DOL’s recent fiduciary ruling is an event that, depending on your perspective, seems to range from an exit strategy, a complete disruption, or a competitive opportunity. Once again, this is something out of our control and it will have a profound impact too.
After 20 years of working with leaders in diverse industries, companies attain tremendous success when their leaders embrace a model that I originated called B.O.L.D. leadership.
One simple truth distinguishes B.O.L.D leaders in times of crisis, disruption, and success: B.O.L.D. leaders maintain control. They hold true to their core belief that they are in control of their choices and as a result their destiny. In any scenario, a wholesaler or an advisor knows they have a choice. They can choose to quit—to run in place and hope will not be “too bad”—or to stand up and be B.O.L.D.
What are B.O.L.D. leaders, and how do they take their teams to the top? They are clear, aligned, and driven by the most powerful equation for leadership success. B.O.L.D. leaders integrate four key areas of leadership:
- Beliefs – they know who they are and what they stand for, and they share it openly with the world.
- One Direction – they develop a plan of action, lead their teams in one direction and hold them accountable for staying the course.
- Leadership – they insure their teams are 100% aligned with their vision, plans and live it in words, actions and results. They have zero tolerance for lip service, drama, clutter and distracting crap.
- D3- they have the “secret in the sauce”; the drive to overcome challenges, determination to make tough decisions and dedication to stay on a course of success no matter what the prevailing wind of doubters have to say.
This is the big secret— the competitive differential— this is B.O.L.D. While many achieve the first and second areas of leadership consistently, B.O.L.D. leaders master all four areas simultaneously. We all have the power to be B.O.L.D. leaders because we all have the power to choose to be B.O.L.D.
Here are a few examples of B.O.L.D. Leadership in action:
- Lean in on new or existing COI’s –it’s time to expand your network, even the ones you once thought were not accessible.
- Re-evaluate your competitive landscape. A chaotic marketplace is an excellent opportunity to identify new opportunities to grow and expand your business.
- Leverage all of your communication channels to amplify your value proposition. Be clear, be distinctive and re-connect with you WHY you are the best choice.
- Be B.O.L.D about doing what you do best – building loyalty by building relationships based upon shared success!
Now is the time for you to make YOUR choice! Your customers, clients and community want B.O.L.D. leadership. You can outpace your competitors and establish new and relevant business platforms by embodying B.O.L.D. leadership. The DOL does not determine your future success – only you can!
The only question standing in your way is: Are you ready to be B.O.L.D?
B.O.L.D. leaders are taking business to places it has never gone before and creating new levels of sustainable success in the journey!
Written by Kathleen Wood