It was a pleasure presenting at your meeting.
In the AGM (After the Great Meltdown) world that we live in the five New Realities are:
- Bones are on the beach
- I don’t trust you
- Lean in and learn
- We don’t know enough
- Relationships, period
There are 960 minutes in each day to ask: What’s Your MQ®?
Social Media/New Media/Web 2.0 tools fall into three categories: Listening, Talking, and Participating
RSS (Really Simple Syndication): A productivity tool that offers users the ability to create custom Internet searches through subscribing (for free) to serially published content such as news articles, web searches, job searches, etc.
Here are the links that I spoke about:
- Google Alerts: use to set up searches to be delivered to your email box or, as you learned, much more efficiently through RSS feed
- Google Blog Search: as the name implies, this search only blogs for your designated term
- Google News: access to over 5000 different news publications
- Twitter Search: find mentions of people, brands, companies, competition, friends, neighbors, etc.
- David Glickman – Retirement Income Practice Management :blog is an example of a Twitter search finding
- Adapting a Practice for Retirement Income Planning: originally published as a Fidelity research paper
- Google Reader: mission control for all of your RSS feeds and reading
- iGoogle: offers the ability to integrate ‘widgets’ of RSS feeds
- Feedly: a Firefox web browser addon that gives your Google Reader a magazine feel
- Klipfolio: a desktop application to keep your feeds instantly accessible
- Google Reader for Blackberry: be sure to choose your devise from the drop down menu
- Be sure to visit the shorespeak blog:- grab the feed for the blog and put it in your favorite RSS reader.
- Wikipedia – the free encyclopedia
Join a select group of wholesaling peers as we meet twice per month to
move from being good wholesalers to great wholesalers.
Additional articles of interest
Here are the next steps:
- Select a reader to use. While there are many, some of the easiest to use are Google Reader, Pageflakes, and FeedDemon.
- Set up vanity searches for: yourself, your firm, your best 20 clients, your 5 strategic alliances, your top product providers.
- Choose 5 industry publications that you wish to receive an RSS feed from.
I hope that the information outlined gives you ample ammunition to re-engineer your MQ!
If I can assist your social/new media journey or help you increase your MQ-Memorability Quotient® in any way do not hesitate to call 949-891-1117 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, be sure to read the latest posts, and newsletters, at the shorespeak blog.
Here’s a sample of the most recent posts:
p.s. If there other groups that you think would benefit from the message or need to be asked What’s Your MQ?, I always appreciate referrals!